LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Unified Cornish

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Sep 29 21:48:26 CEST 2008

On 29 Sep 2008, at 20:35, John Cowan wrote:

> Michael Everson scripsit:
>
>> The name of Kernowek Standard is Kernowek Standard. In for a penny?
>
> A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.  --Emerson

You've offered no credible substitute.

I, to my credit, proposed two schemes which will treat all of the
orthographies equally (in itself important as you well know). I can
live with:

kw-coruc or kw-corku
kw-corur or kw-corucr or kw-corka or kw-corkua
kw-corkk
kw-corks

or

kw-uccor or kw-kucor
kw-urcor or kw-ucrcor or kw-kacor or kw-kuacor
kw-kkcor
kw-kscor

but if you want

kw-unyes
kw-amendys
kw-kemmyn

then you get

kw-standard

because there isn't another name for that orthography.

And then there are at least three, possibly four Gendallian RLC
orthographies, as well as the flavours of the SWF.

Inconvenient? You needn't tell me. :-)