LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Unified Cornish

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Sep 29 18:02:51 CEST 2008

On 29 Sep 2008, at 16:09, Phillips, Addison wrote:

> A bunch of similar subtags will be difficult for end users to
> discriminate between.

No more so than distinguishing the orthographies themselves. And there
are more than these three.

corkk Kernewek Kemmyn, KK, Common Cornish, CC
coruc Kernewek Unyes, KU, Unified Cornish, UC
corur Kernowek Unys Amendys, KUA, Unified Cornish Revised, UCR
corks Kernowek Standard, KS, Standard Cornish, SC
corsm Furv Skrifys Savonek (K---?), FSS/K?, Standard Written Form,
Main variant, SWF/M (I'm not sure what word they use)
corst Furv Screfys Savonek (Tradycyonal), FSS/T, Standard Written
Form, Traditional variant, SWF/T

The subtags proposed have the merit of all being the same length.
Though if you want them more descriptive, we'll have to accept "kw-
standard" for Kernowek Standard, no more than "unified" and "revised"
are.