Belarusian 1959acad - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM (proposed)

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Tue Sep 23 22:40:36 CEST 2008

The current rules are not precisely clear. Since at least one of the original requesters endorses the new form, I would consider it to be a modification of the original request (and not a new or separate request). The current draft of 4646bis (in working group last call) specifies that the final form must appear on list for a week—to allow people to comment on it prior to your submitting it. While we’re not under those rules now, I do note that this was done for precisely this sort of situation: much of the world is asleep and has not seen this thread yet. Some people will hesitate or ponder before responding. I would recommend that you wait 7 days from its appearance on list before approving it (pace any discussion that indicates you should do otherwise).

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.