BCP47 Appeals process

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:58:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Yury Tarasievich
<yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, it's a matter of preference, then?
> So, I *prefer* "academy" ("academic") -- and regard this a factor of
> convenience for *local users*.
> I do not even understand where did this "aKad" thing come from,
> promoters being native English speakers?

The problem is, there's lots of language versions that could be tagged
as academy or academic. It's confusing to create a tag for one
orthography of Belarusian and label it as academy, for the same
reasons north, south, east, and west haven't been registered and won't