ON LANGUAGE NAMES /// RE: Results of Duplicate Busters Survey#2//Ainu

EXEC info at execlub.org
Fri Sep 12 03:02:13 CEST 2008

>Attention: Gerald Meijissen est l'âme damnée de Debbie qu'il a fait
>entrer dans son projet Wiki international. Il est au WLDC avec Budin
>etc. Contre-attaque des 639-6 :-) Vous allez souffir à votre tour ...
>jfc
>----

Sorry, I used French because I though I was barred on this mailing list ?
Thank you to welcome me back !
You should have told me..
jfc

PS. Just wanted to know: there is a French Arabic (legally a "Langue
de France", cf. DGLFLF which published a book on the
Arabofrancophonie) - It is not an Arabic spoken in France, but a
legally binding idiom as such. How do you make the difference. I
would be interested in knowing how the two Gerards can comment this.
Because Gerard Lang does not quote it and Gerard Meijissen refers to
SIL who has no legal status in the country.

------------
Hoi,
When you compare the list of Gerard Lang with the ISO-639-3 list, you
will find a marked difference. There are for instance a North and
South Levantine Arabic among other variants of Arabic that are not
associated with borders of countries. Also many of the languages he
mentions have their own language codes and others are not part of
this list at all.

<http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=ara>http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=ara

Thanks,
        Gerard

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 6:15 PM, CE Whitehead