ON LANGUAGE NAMES /// RE: Results of Duplicate Busters Survey#2//Ainu

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:52:21 CEST 2008

Hoi,
When you compare the list of Gerard Lang with the ISO-639-3 list, you will
find a marked difference. There are for instance a North and South Levantine
Arabic among other variants of Arabic that are not associated with borders
of countries. Also many of the languages he mentions have their own language
codes and others are not part of this list at all.

http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=ara

Thanks,
       Gerard