ON LANGUAGE NAMES /// RE: Results of Duplicate Busters Survey #2//Ainu

Lang Gérard gerard.lang at insee.fr
Tue Sep 9 15:01:50 CEST 2008

I do not know if my proposition solution is simpler, easier to understand or more arbitrary that ISO 639/RA-JAC's one
But, in my opinion, it is more like a "language name" that adding a country name after a language name.
Moreover, if we begin in this direction, how will we explain that we do not want to recognize language names like "arab (country name)" for every arab speaking country ?
Cordialement.
Gérard LANG