LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM (R3): pinyin

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:41:16 CEST 2008

Mark, hmm,  are you saying that it is sufficient to just specify the character set, that we do not need to specify a script?

My understanding was that the point of creating these orthographies (not scripts) was to use the Latn script/character set as opposed to Cyrillic or Hanja.  Thus the inclusion of Latn seems a sensible safeguard, to let someone know who is looking for a Romanization that these are Romanizations  (not sure that the character set declaration will let them know; users will have to search for the particular character set  to get the pages they want that way).

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

From: Mark Crispin