Proposed modified records for 'cpe' and 'son'

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sun Nov 23 18:30:58 CET 2008

Four "yes" votes, even over a weekend, are more than enough to post the
proposed revised records and registration forms to remove the
Suppress-Script value 'Latn' for these two language subtags that
represent collections.  There are still two weeks for additional
supporters and/or opponents of this action to make themselves heard.

I looked back through dusty, cobweb-encrusted e-mails trying to find
when it was decided to add S-S for these two subtags, but couldn't find
anything definitive.  Frank Ellermann had a complete list of language
subtags together with his suggestions for which ones should have S-S,
but it's not clear if that list was our basis for adding them.  Frank
and Ira McDonald were two of the major Suppress-Script advocates who
apparently are no longer on either this list or LTRU.

===

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2008-12-07
%%
Type: language
Subtag: cpe
Added: 2005-10-16
%%

===

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org
3. Record Requested:

   Type: language
   Subtag: cpe
   Comments:

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description
   of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

   This registration removes the Suppress-Script value of "Latn" from
   the collective language subtag "cpe".

===

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2008-12-07