Fw: Erzgebirgisch Classification Question

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Mar 25 16:48:10 CET 2008

Thomas Goldammer scripsit:

> Yes, it's obvious that creating another tag with a different prefix
> later can not be the idea of such tags. So, if a tag can't be renamed
> later (which I can understand due to reference reasons, seeing the
> problems that have arisen after the last series of SIL code
> renamings...), let's just take sxu as prefix.

I agree.  Unfortunately, that means the request must wait for formal
approval until after the next revision of BCP 47, as we do not yet
actually support ISO 639-3 code elements as language subtags.
Informally, though, there's no reason why you shouldn't start using
sxu-erzgeb right away.

--
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.
        --Arthur C. Clarke, "The Nine Billion Names of God"