ID for language-invariant strings

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 20 23:19:59 CET 2008

Hi -

I'd be more comfortable with that if there weren't certain pesky phenomena.
For example, according to a native speaker friend, in Russian if "Helvetica"
is the subject of a sentence, in the past tense the verb would get a feminine
ending, while if it were "Courier", the masculine form would be used.  Thus
an application putting these non-localizable strings into localized content
would indeed need to treat them as having linguistic properties similar to
those of other foreign words or expressions that might show up.

Randy