ID for language-invariant strings

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 17 21:34:14 CET 2008

Some clarifications wrt my specific application scenario: the strings are not intended to be presented to users as a fallback, they are intended for programmatic usage. That said, some application could still choose to use this form of the font-family name to present to users as a fallback.

So, we still have three sets of opinion on how to tag. Let me ask a different question: do people think there should be a single convention to be used for the kind of scenario I’ve described, or should the be left to be determined by application developers?

Peter