Moldovan

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sat Jun 28 04:24:26 CEST 2008

This information is for a two-week review (not one week, as I stated
earlier) by the Language Subtag Reviewer and the ietf-languages list.
It is NOT to be submitted to IANA before 2008-07-12 at 02:30 UTC.  The
two-week review period follows a requirement in draft-4646bis-15,
Section 3.5.

Here is the proposed new record for Moldavian/Moldovan:

==
LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2008-07-12
%%
Type: language
Subtag: mo
Added: 2005-10-16
Suppress-Script: Latn
%%
==

Here is the registration form I have written for this change:
(I don't remember if we established any standards for registration forms
that simply track ISO changes)

==
LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org
3. Record Requested:

   Type: language
   Subtag: mo
   Suppress-Script: Latn
   Comments:

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description
   of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

   This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-2 effective
   2008-06-26.  No other change is made to this subtag.
==

And an additional comment for the list:

As stated, the only change presented here is the new Description field,
mirroring the new name added to ISO 639-2.  In particular, the
Suppress-Script was already present in the Registry for this subtag, and
really should not spark any discussion unless someone wants to dispute
the premise that written Moldavian is overwhelmingly written in the
Latin script.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org