'car' in different ISO 639 parts

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Jun 9 12:56:16 CEST 2008

Doug Ewell wrote:

> We need to decide which Description, and by extension which
> scope, should be reflected in the Registry for 'car'.  I ask
> for the guidance of both the LTRU WG and ietf-languages list,
> since this is not only a draft issue but also a registration
> issue, and for that reason I have cross-posted both lists.

>From a non-LTRU POV, let 4646bis decide what to do in 4645bis.
Is ISO 639-5 something I can look up on the Web, does it have
an URL not leading to a "pay for PDF" page ?

So far ISO 639-2 "frs" vs. 639-3 "stq" is interesting enough,
adding more sources to the mix would increase the number of
sources for potential confusion.  Ideally the various branches
of ISO 639 should sort it out before it hits the review list.

 Frank