[Ltru] 'car' in different ISO 639 parts

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Jun 8 20:34:17 CEST 2008

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> >I bugged the Library of Congress (which is both 639-2/RA and 639-5/RA)
> >about this one; in the end, only they can decide.
>
> So there is no way to resolve this in draft-4645bis until the Library of
> Congress reaches a decision?

*shrug*

I assume that the resolution will be to add a new 3-letter code element
for "Carib languages" and retire the old.

If they don't do so in time, clearly the -2/-3 name has to win, simply
because it has priority.  I suspect what happened was that the 639-5
working group simply missed the reassignment.

--
Eric Raymond is the Margaret Mead               John Cowan
of the Open Source movement.                    cowan at ccil.org
        --Bruce Perens,                         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
          some years ago