Picking and choosing

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Wed Jan 30 19:40:45 CET 2008

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I wasn't counting expressly prohibited activities among the
> things the Reviewer may do.

Yes, I was.  Civil disobedience when facing criminal orders
or similar problems isn't too unusual.

> We saw in the past few years that virtually anything,
> including breathing in and out, can trigger an appeal

Not my impression, not counting two "IETF certified trolls"
the list http://www.ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/?C=M&O=D for the
last five years barely fills a page.

>> There's some evidence that copying ISO 639-3 input "as is"
>> to a IANA registry without allowing sanity checks is unwise.

> Find that for me in Section 3.3, please.

If section 3.3 would cover negligence or other problems on
the side of the sources we wouldn't have this discussion.

> For the Reviewer to reject 'DG', 'EA', 'IC', etc. on the
> basis on "sanity," after they were explicitly added to
> 4646bis, would be the fastest possible route to an appeal.

If you are unwilling to read or understand what I write
you can as well stop to reply.