Principles of Operation

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 25 17:30:19 CET 2008

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Kent Karlsson

> (As I noted,
> none of those three actually got language codes in 639-3, though
> Ethnologue erroneously states that they do.

Actually, not: what it reflects is that they had codes in ISO/DIS 639-3, which is factually correct. Those three entries were withdrawn to accommodate Swedish ballot comments.

(And, I'll say as editor, I was most glad that only this country used the standard-balloting process to edit the contents of the code table rather than leave revision of the code table to maintenance work by the RA. TC37/SC2/WG1 is not the appropriate place to engage in that kind of work.)

Peter