LANGUAGE SUBTAG REQUEST FORM, Erzgebirgisch

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 23 01:26:59 CET 2008

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Caoimhin O Donnaile

> > Fortunately there is no "sxu" in the registry (yet),
> > we can ignore it.
>
> There will be very soon though, when ISO 639-3 gets included:

Without commenting on whether 'sxu' is appropriate in this case or not, I could suggest the possibility of (exceptionally) registering "sxu" if that were needed to provide the correct language subtag with which to associate a variant subtag. (Exceptionally since we're not supposed to register alpha-3, though in this case it's really not problematic in any technical way.)

Peter