LANGUAGE SUBTAG REQUEST FORM, Erzgebirgisch

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Jan 22 13:34:07 CET 2008

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> a lot of people use "de" not for the specific Standard
> German language, but as a macrolanguage (even if it is
> not classified as such in ISO 639-3) for all germanic
> languages.

ITYM s/germanic/German/

E.g. the three Frisian languages are "germanic" but not
"German", while the "g" in "gsw" is "German".

Tricky for dialects somewhere between "de"/"lb"/"nds"/"nl",
this is the first time I've heard of "sxu".  Fortunately
there is no "sxu" in the registry (yet), we can ignore it.

 Frank