Addition request: alsatian

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 9 18:08:00 CET 2008

> From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-
> bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Nicholas Shanks

> This response seems to neglect temporal considerations. You also have
> to guarantee that there have not been any other Alemmanic dialects
> previously spoken

Undoubtedly there have been lots of dialects for lots of languages that were previously spoken, but they matter not at all to us unless someone has a real need to tag content for such distinctions. For the vast majority of previously spoken dialects, that would not be the case. Keep in mind: we provide tags for real needs in tagging language resources, not as a form of documentation of language varieties.

Peter