Addition request: alsatian

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 8 16:05:20 CET 2008

Stéphane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic dot fr> wrote:

> IMHO, the description in the LSR is incomplete. It says:
>
> Type: language
> Subtag: gsw
>
> Why is only "swiss german" (itself a group of dialects) mentioned and
> not alsatian or other dialects of alemannic? I do not know.

These Description fields were taken from the underlying ISO standard,
just like all other Description fields for language, script, and region
subtags.  Someone (such as Stéphane) could use this list to request
registration of an additional Description (such as "Alsatian"), but this
has not happened yet.

http://www.ewellic.org