acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sat Aug 30 20:30:08 CEST 2008

CE Whitehead wrote:

> I see now Michael Everson's point that the academy could
> publish a very different standard in the future

My impression was "slightly different".  Mark proposed to
deal with it when it happens with a variant of a variant,
in the direction of "-acad-2010".  Michael proposed to be
precise now, "-acad1959", and maybe later add "-acad2010"
as alternative (not as subset) if necessary.

IMHO "-acad159-rev2010" would be a mouthful.  Both ideas
have advantages.  Mark keeps the (hypothetical) family of
academy spelling reforms together, and that would allow
queries for "any academy definition".  Michael's proposal
is more KISS at the prize of an information loss.

> a subtag name such as [rev2008] ("revised 2008") could
> be used with [1959acad] if you at some point wanted to
> distinguish the 2008 variety from the 1959 variety.

But if you want "1959acad-rev1959" later I'll scream. :-)

 Frank