acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Aug 27 08:11:06 CEST 2008

Yury Tarasievich scripsit:

> What's the problem with comparatively more stable "-academy"?

The problem is that there are other language academies for other
languages, and we want a subtag specifically for the orthography
prescribed by the Belarusian Academy, not any other academy.  We do
not register "generic" subtags that mean different things for different
languages; for example, many languages have a Northern dialect, but we
would register separate subtags for each, not a generic subtag "northern".

--
You annoy me, Rattray!  You disgust me!         John Cowan
You irritate me unspeakably!  Thank Heaven,     cowan at ccil.org
I am a man of equable temper, or I should       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
scarcely be able to contain myself before
your mocking visage.            --Stalky imitating Macrea