wadegile and pinyin LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORMs

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Aug 26 08:40:00 CEST 2008

Andrew Cunningham scripsit:

> If zh-pinyin is Mandarin in Hanyu Pinyin, can the pinyin variant be used
> with other languages, since Mongol, Uyghur, and Tibetan, etc can be
> officially transcribed in Pinyin in PRC?

Hmm.  Do you have a pointer to how this is done?

> And at the moment I'll refrain from discussing other romanisation schemes
> such as Tongyong Pinyin and Guangdong romanization?

Good.  If someone wants them, they can apply for them.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are
no words left to express his staggerment, since Men changed the language that
they learned of elves in the days when all the world was wonderful. --The Hobbit