4646bis era

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Aug 26 08:31:36 CEST 2008

John Cowan wrote:

> For this purpose we don't need the RFC to be published.
> ietf-languages entered the 4646 epoch as soon as the
> RFC was accepted and the new registry set up.

There was also the business of "finding" a volunteer for
the job of an expert language *subtag* registry reviewer.

The existing language *tag* reviewer had to agree to this
redefinition of his job, and the IESG had to appoint him.

And there was a bunch of appeals at different levels (IAB
and IESG), that's why I mentioned "approval + sixty days"
to sort stuff like this out.

IIRC one of the appeals was about the right hand side of
the address of this list, another about a fixed typo in
the RFC, a third about posting rights on this list or on
the LTRU list, and so on ad nauseam.

 Frank