wadegile and pinyin LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORMs

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Tue Aug 26 03:21:00 CEST 2008

We’re waiting for one of the co-chairs to decide if he will run a working group last call and, if so, when.

Let’s assume that this last call starts tomorrow and is two weeks long and results in closure on the document (that’s three assumptions!). After that would be publication of an IESG review and last call, which cannot be shorter than four weeks. So I think it safe to say that we are at least eight weeks from the “4646bis” era and more probably (let’s be realistic) somewhat longer than that.

So you shouldn’t withhold judgment on this pair in hopes that 4646bis will “rescue” us from prefix problems. You can, of course, reject them, although, like John Cowan, I don’t see a reason why you would need to.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.