acade - LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Aug 26 02:22:47 CEST 2008

Mark Davis <mark at macchiato dot com> wrote:

> 3. Record Requested:
>
> Type: variant
> Subtag: acade
> variant
> of Belarusian
> Prefix: be

I agree with others that 'acade' for "academic" is particularly vague
and non-descriptive of the particular orthography being tagged.  I also
understand that "narkamauka," while well-known and unambiguous, is also
derogatory and not acceptable.

Unfortunately, I don't have an alternative suggestion, which I know is
unhelpful.

http://www.ewellic.org