LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: pinyin

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Aug 5 06:49:43 CEST 2008

Kent Karlsson <kent dot karlsson14 at comhem dot se> wrote:

> Type: variant
> Subtag: fubar
> Prefix: zh [DEPRECATED]
> Prefix: cmn

I would be wildly, ferociously opposed to adding this sort of additional
structure to the Registry.  We are spending way too much time trying to
handle this sort of extreme edge case.  Prefix is an INFORMATIVE field.

At this rate, we will never finish 4646bis.  I wonder if that is by
design.  You want a Dark Conspiracy theory, there's mine.

http://www.ewellic.org