LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: pinyin

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Tue Aug 5 01:27:15 CEST 2008

Here would be a (made up) example.

In 2005, the following gets added

%%
Type: variant
Subtag: fubar
Added: 2006-09-18
Prefix: sr-CS
Comments: Fubar dialect of Serbian used only in CS

Now, later on in 2005,  CS gets deprecated as below.

%%
Type: region
Subtag: CS
Added: 2005-10-16
Deprecated: 2006-10-05
Comments: see RS for Serbia or ME for Montenegro

At this point, it is unnecessary to have structure to mark sr-CS as being a
deprecated prefix of fubar, since a record that that prefix points (CS) to
has been deprecated. What would be necessary, however, is to add either
"sr-RS" or "sr-ME", or even "sr" as prefixes of fubar so that it would have
some valid prefixes.

Mark