LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: pinyin

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Sun Aug 3 12:06:12 CEST 2008

For instance Cantonese: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Cantonese_Pinyin.

> I don't
> necessarily propose adding them all as Prefix fields (we can do that
> later anyway if necessary), but I'd rather not see lots of text in the
> proposal that attempts to restrict Pinyin to Mandarin.

I think it is a bad idea to have this variant for the macrolanguage
code 'zh'. 'cmn-Latn-pinyin', 'yue-Latn-pinyin' (4646bis), ok. But not
'zh-Latn-pinyin' as the latter is ambiguous (unless one sees 'zh' as an
alias for 'cmn'...).

> It's not as
> though we were talking about using 'boont' with Russian.

???

	/kent k