LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION REQUEST - zxx

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 01:40:33 CEST 2008

Is it your opinion that indicating any script subtag (we must use [zxx] if we are to tag these languages properly I understand; [zxx] now means a bit more; it can be used any case a language tag is not applicable) for programming languages would violate RFC 4646 insistence that tagging is primarily to indicate natural/human language???  Thus it's not o.k. in any way to indicate the script of programmatic languages?

Thanks for clarifying this.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com Mon Apr 28 04:49:03 CEST 2008