Addition to ISO 639-3: [lyg]

ISO639-3 at sil.org ISO639-3 at sil.org
Thu Apr 24 18:30:27 CEST 2008

John and List,

I apologize; the file was not present. It had not been copied from the
development server when the rest of the data was copied. It is now there.
Thank you for alerting me.

I trust the comment document will answer your confusion. The documentation
page does indicate that Lyngngam was adopted, though the associated
proposed changes were not.

Joan Spanne
ISO 639-3/RA
SIL International
7500 W Camp Wisdom Rd
Dallas, TX 75236
ISO639-3 at sil.org

John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>

ISO639-3 at sil.org
cc
ietf-languages at alvestrand.no
Subject
Re: Addition to ISO 639-3: [lyg]

ISO639-3 at sil.org scripsit:

> The resolution of change request 2007-064
> (http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/chg_detail.asp?id=2007-064) has been
> determined. The new language code element Lyngngam [lyg] has been
adopted.
> The comment linked from this page gives details as to how the decision
was
> made.

This is very confusing.  You say here that [lyg] has been accepted, but
the
page you link to says it has been rejected.  The "Comments on this
request"
link doesn't go anywhere (I used the resulting form to report the broken
link).

John Cowan  http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan at ccil.org
All "isms" should be "wasms".   --Abbie