LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION REQUEST - zxx

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 17:20:18 CEST 2008

Hi, all--sorry, I really did not address the issue of making clear how to declare programmatic languages in my last email--which I think is an issue.

Writing or not,  the ASCII characters in programmatic languages are a subset of Latin-1, and are used to encode programming keywords based on English terms (while, for, if, then, else) as well as a few mathematical symbols.  Perhaps there needs to be a comment somewhere stating that [Latn] is not to be used to identify ASCII character encoding--perhaps a comments field added to the [Latn] subtag??

(Do not consider this request too seriously--perhaps Doug's suggestion--to have a clarification at www.langtag.net--will do fine.)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com