Montenegrin

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Oct 23 16:45:08 CEST 2007

Peter Constable scripsit:

> In technical terms, I cannot see any merits.

The Serbo-Croatian ship sailed years ago.  One might even say that it
left the shore (or jumped the shark) when the decision was taken
to put Ethnologue tagging under the control of ISO, which is
controlled by national standards bodies.

By what I understand, Montenegrins mostly speak Ijekavian and write
in the Cyrillic alphabet, whereas Serbs in Serbia mostly use
Ekavian forms and use both alphabets, with Cyrillic dominant.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
O beautiful for patriot's dream that sees beyond the years