Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Oct 15 20:38:34 CEST 2007

Chiming in with my 2 cents on suppress-script:

- My vision of S-S is different from others; I regard it as a way to avoid
the gratuitous overspecification that is a natural, and irritating,
consequence of the generative tag system. Thus, the more S-S we use, the
better.

- I think the rate limiting that is formed by "we only do registry updates
if someone takes the time to formulate a reasonable request" has served us
well since 1766 was published - we had the same fear then, and it hasn't
been a really practical problem at any time. There has (I think) been more
mail on this list discussing the hypothetical guidelines for a hypothetical
flood of registrations than there has been actual mail about actual
registrations.

- When 3066bis/ter/.... specifies "reviewer discretion", I think the
reviewer should decide. Not the ietf-languages list; the list has no
authority, it's a place for giving opinions and surfacing issues.
"Reviewer discretion" means REVIEWER discretion.

That's all I have to say today....

                   Harald