Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 05:16:34 CEST 2007

On 10/8/07, Addison Phillips <addison at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Suppress-Script is well defined. The problem is: the criteria make it
> difficult to reject requests such as Frank's at the head of this thread,

Why would you want? Nobody has contested it; just pass it on. It would
have been a lot less emails to accept them than all this discussion.

> even if the community is concerned about the potential number of them

This is a community that registers dialects of languages. There are
far more dialects out there than there are languages to have
suppress-script attached.

> if we do 'frr', do we do all 7000 languages in ISO 639-3?

Right now the issue is just ISO 639-2. I would be surprised if most of
the languages in ISO 639-3 minus ISO 639-2 have enough text to
meaningfully declare a suppress-script. Or anyone who cares enough to
ask for one.