Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 4 17:24:01 CEST 2007

Mark Davis wrote:

> We clearly need to have policies that make it clear what we are to do,
> and what are reasonable grounds for refusal. The point where we differ
> is that those are established by the LTRU group, with their embodiment
> being BCP 47.

When we (LTRU) try to add specific language of this sort to BCP 47,
usually the response is, "That should be up to the discretion of the LSR
and the ietf-languages list."  But without guidelines, "discretion"
turns into controversy, and decisions are made on an ad-hoc basic.

--
Doug Ewell * Fullerton, California, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/