Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 4 00:17:39 CEST 2007

Hi -

Inasmuch as Suppress-Script is a compatibility kluge, I'd argue that the
requirement is actually stronger than (2). First, the subtag needs to
have been added before approval of RFC 4646.  Secondly, there needs to be
a (Non-trivial/substantial/take your pick) number of documents tagged
PRIOR TO THE APPROVAL of RFC 4646 without a script subtag.  Documents
tagged without a script subtag after the approval of RFC 4646 would be
arguably mis-tagged anyway.

If you don't think this is how things should work, or think the existing
text needs clarification (one way or another), please follow up on the
ltru at ietf.org list, since this discussion is not limited to frr.

Randy