Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 3 06:04:54 CEST 2007

Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

>> I picked seven missing Suppress-Scripts for languages used in or near
>> Germany, that should conclude this business for (modern) Sorbian,
>> Frisian, nds, and gsw.
>
> And the other thousands of languages you just don't care about?

He probably doesn't consider himself qualified to make a judgment about
them.  Better to speak on what one knows.

If these languages are overwhelmingly written in the Latin script (using
whatever criteria we use to define "overwhelmingly"), and if there is a
non-trivial amount of material in these languages already tagged with a
language-plus-region tag, then the S-S entries should be added.  I
suspect that some of these languages will not pass the second test.

--
Doug Ewell * Fullerton, California, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/