New scripts

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 27 05:49:57 CET 2007

Mark Davis wrote:

> We have new scripts on
> http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/codechanges.html. Can you prepare the
> forms for IANA?

I'll send them to ietf-languages, which is where this maintenance
request actually belongs.  They'll have to sit there for a week before
being sent to IANA.

BTW, I wonder how many people would have predicted, years ago when the
basic rules for script subtags were formulated, that ISO 15924 would
eventually add code elements for "Mathematical notation" and "Symbols."
Section 3.4 says they must be added to the Registry, no cherry-picking
allowed, and that seems fine in principle, but these two are at least as
irrelevant to tagging of natural-language text as are the region subtags
'AQ' and 'BV', or the language subtags 'mis' and 'und'.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~dewell