baku1926

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Mon May 21 03:16:58 CEST 2007

"Reshat Sabiq (Reşat)" <tatar dot iqtelif dot i18n at gmail dot com> wrote:

>> Suppress-Script values are not added to variant subtags.  If you feel
>> this should be changed, please join the LTRU Working Group list (link
>> available at bottom of this message) and discuss it there.  This group is
>> not empowered to change RFC 4646.
>
> I might file something on this: adding to my TODO list (for the next year
> maybe). ;)

While I don't support this particular change, I do suggest that you act NOW
if you want your opinion heard.  The LTRU WG is currently working on an
update to RFC 4646 that should be published by the end of the year.  After
that, there is talk of revising it again to incorporate ISO 639-6 code
elements in some way, but there is NO guarantee that (or when) this will
happen.  RFCs aren't reviewed, renewed, or amended at regularly scheduled
intervals like ISO standards.  The successor to RFC 4646 might be in place
for 20 years, for all we know.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/