Registration request: "mis" comment clarifying meaning

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri May 11 19:12:47 CEST 2007

At 10:06 -0700 2007-05-11, Addison Phillips wrote:
>Frank is requesting the registration of a Comment field, which seems
>to be covered by discussion on this list previously.

My stars.

He's changed his comment request from "A collection of languages
which don't belong to any other collection" to "A collection of
unrelated languages which don't belong to any other ISO 639
collection"

And we have to spend another fortnight arguing about this?

Is "mis" a subtag? Or is it a tag?

Are we going to open up this registry to "comments" about all of the
639 code elements?