baku1926

C Eddie Whitehead cewcathar at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 22:34:26 CEST 2007

No my characters did not come out right; sorry they posted; Addison wrote me right back!
I am trying again from Yahoo (hope these do not post these unless correct!):

"Denotes alphabet used in Turkic republics/regions of the former USSR in late 1920s, and throughout 1930s, which aspired to represent equivalent phonemes in a unified fashion. Also known as: New Turkic Alphabet, Birlәşdirilmiş Jeni Türk Әlifbasь, Jaŋalif."

Or try below:

"Denotes alphabet used in Turkic republics/regions of the former USSR in late 1920s, and throughout 1930s, which aspired to represent equivalent phonemes in a unified fashion. Also known as: New Turkic Alphabet, Birlәşdirilmiş Jeni Türk Әlifbasь, Jaŋalif."

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com