baku1926

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed May 2 10:46:51 CEST 2007

At 23:32 -0500 2007-05-01, Reshat Sabiq (Res¸at) wrote:

>Denotes alphabet used in Turkic republics/regions
>of the former USSR in late 1920s, and throughout 1930s, which aspired to
>represent equivalent phonemes in a unified fashion. Also known as: New
>Turkic Alphabet, Birlәşdirilmiş Jeni Türk
>Әlifbasь, Jaŋalif.

I am not really very happy about tinkering so
soon after registration. But if we do change it I
would like to get rid of the illegible &xxxx;
notation. If the registry entries are to be in
HTML, they should be so normatively, with charset
tagging so that they display properly. If they
are not tagged, then ASCII fallback should be
used so the strings are legible. As it is I can
only guess, or drag out the Unicode book and look
them up. That's not legibility.