be-tarask

Jaska Zedlik sub at zedlik.com
Tue May 1 12:21:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

sorry, but expected by whom? You may expect the official orthography,
I may expect Taraskievica orthography, nobody knows what may expect
somebody else. What is expected for "de"? Official or "de-1901"?
Therefore to explicitly define the nowadays official German
orthography "de-1996" was registered, because the primary language
subtag "de", as it is said in RFC 4646, is defined by ISO 639-1:2002
and stands for all the German language, without any specific
orthography.

Is there any document or standard which regulates some particular
orthography for a primary language subtag? Because now I can see only
ISO 639-1:2002 which says that "be" is all the Belarusian language,
not only in the official today orthography.

Jaska Zedlik