Reshat Sabiq's requests for two Tatar orthographic variants

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 18:50:24 CET 2007

>At 11:42 -0400 2007-03-21, CE Whitehead wrote:
>>Hi, all, Baku, 1926 is the first conference;
>>I think it's a good idea to make sure of what Reshat wants to do,
>>but he left it up to us so in this case we could just select
>>baku1926 which marked the real start of the change though there had been
>>some debate and discussion going on.
>
>We're not making subtags for a process, are we? But for a variety of
>language.
>--

Yes that is correct; the alphabet was chosen I think at Baku, 1926,
everything was in discussion already though,
and I think things were finalized later 1927-28;
Reshat may have this info;
if not I canl check on it tomorrow.

(I'm curious myself.  But I am about to use up my last hour online today.)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com