Reshat Sabiq's requests for two Tatar orthographic variants

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:11:52 CET 2007

Hi, Reshat, Michael, all:
Should we set a deadline of a week for making a decision and so forth,
but it's up to Reshat too.

The subtags

baku1926
nta1926
bir1926
uni1926

We assume 1926 is still the best date for the several dates for the
conferences, and not 1927 or 1928;
and we are waiting to hear on what bir means, and whether bir is an
abbreviation universal to the languages, or whether it is an English
abbreviation, or what.

(If the only issue that makes bir not universal in all languages is the
vowel in bir, perhaps a more generic vowel, not used in any of the languages
but close to the vowels used in all would work.)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com