Status?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Mar 20 17:44:57 CET 2007

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> >Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
> >    l'académe françoise", 4eme ed. 1694; frequently includes
> >    elements of Middle French, as this is a transitional period

> I still don't like the long, encyclopedic comments, but I appear to have
> lost this battle and I can live with it.

There's really no getting away from them, now that the full language
subtag form is no longer preserved at IANA.  Otherwise, there is no
saying (except by searching the archives of this list) exactly what a
variant subtag means.

--
Work hard,                                      John Cowan
play hard,                                      cowan at ccil.org
die young,                                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
rot quickly.