Status?

Mark Crispin mrc at CAC.Washington.EDU
Tue Mar 20 00:10:38 CET 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>> For someone other than the proposer to go piecing together a registration
>> form from a dozen pieces of information in as many email messages spread
>> over a period of months is an error-prone process, and best avoided.
> Is that a procedure that should be specified in 4646bis ?

This seems to be something that was covered in RFC -infinity, "Common
Sense Procedures For Life" which include "produce a coherant summary of
the outcome of a discussion for the benefit of whichever poor guy or gal
is expected to implement it."

I agree that this common sense is often quite lacking.  I just
(successfully) fought that very battle in another context at work.  In
that case, I was handed a set of forwarded emails and told "go do what
they agreed."  I sent it right back and told them to give me a proper
specification.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.