Status?

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Mar 19 16:26:51 CET 2007

Michael Everson wrote:
> At 17:56 -0700 2007-03-18, Doug Ewell wrote:
>> 1.  What is the consensus, if any, with regard to C.E. Whitehead's
>> proposed variant subtags for French?
>>
>> 2.  [To Res¸at Sabiq]  Can you please send your preference for the
>> variant subtag you requested for New Turkic Alphabet?
>>
>> I'd like to move along and get these proposals either accepted or
>> rejected, and not just let them float in space indefinitely.
>
> Nor I, but there has been no consensus on the actual tags, and so
> nothing for me to decide.

Michael,

I, at least, perceived broad consensus regarding adding the French tags
on this list some time ago, including their form. The specific form of
the subtags was legal per RFC 4646. If there is no technical or other
objection from you (or others), you should proceed to register the
subtags he requests. If you need clarification on the specific subtag or
registration form, please request it from the requester.

I wish you would track pending requests more clearly for the list. At
present, it is frequently impossible to tell what the status is of a
given request, including the reason(s) why a request has not been approved.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.